Saturday, May 12, 2012

Mother's Day

Alas, it's that time of the year again that pulls at my heartstrings...Mother's Day. 2007 was the first year that I wasn't able to celebrate Mother's Day with my mom. I still thought about her and honored her life and I still do every year since then.

I pray that the woman I am today is a reflection of the woman my mom was. She was kind, tender-hearted, motherly, gentle, stubborn, determined and Godly. Even if I live today with one or two of those traits, I am happy. She taught me how to love and live life to the fullest even when life throws you curveballs. She certainly did not ask for malignant brain tumors, but she never complained or asked, "Why me?" She was a fighter.

I wish she was still here today - to give me advice, to have seen me get married, to see her future grandchildren, to share life's joys and struggles.

Happy Mother's Day, Mom! You are never forgotten.



No comments:

Post a Comment